Saturday 25 May 2013

Brief one symbols/icons of subculture

Mods

Scooters/Vespas/Lambrettas

youth-culture-mods-rockers-1960s-1970s



Skinheads
I dont want to associate with the later 70's skinheads who became associated with the National Front and racism.  I want to focus on the early 70's when Skinheads evolved from Jamaican culture/Ska music and were closely associated with the Rude Boy culture.  I think the braces and jeans is pretty iconic










Punks
Mohawks and Fanned Mohawks

I'm not sure whether including Punks in the series is a misnomer as they were more know for their DIY approach to fashion as well as Vivian Westwood.  I want to include because later punks have become associated with Doc Martens.




  
This is a useful reference for several styles of subcultures.

yourscenesucks/scenesters


Casuals

No comments:

Post a Comment