Monday 27 May 2013

Brief One design development

I started trying to create a poster range using the colour swatch I had devised. The original range was five colours however as the concept expanded I decided to include other subcultures to offer a more complete picture of the brand.


The initial idea was a solid coloured poster with a vectored icon from the subculture as follows







I wasnt quite happy with these and as I started pondering about stories it suddenly hit me that the Penguin 'classics books designed by Jan Tschilchold are instantly associated with storytelling without saying the words.


The design immediately came to life.  The wonderful thing about this idea is I could use the spines, colours and titles to create a natural infographic.
















I had developed a spreadsheet of all the data I had been researching about brands as below so as I extended the range to over 40 books this proved a useful way of keeping track of things






No comments:

Post a Comment